On completion of this WSQ Control Noise and Vibration Course, the learner will be equipped with the knowledge and the application skills in controlling noise and vibration at the workplace. These includes:
- Apply the basic principles in noise and vibration control
- Provide the fundamental knowledge and skills in noise and vibration control
- Typical control measures and assessment of these control measures’ effectiveness
Anyone whose roles and responsibilities are:
- WSH Supervisor/Coordinator/Officers/Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians
- Occupational health professionals such as occupational health nurses and physicians
- Other professionals in OH-related fields such as ergonomics, human factors, occupational psychology, noise monitoring and control, acoustics, as well as engineering and facility management specialists require knowledge on the control of noise and vibration at the workplace
- Persons who want to be recognised by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower to advice occupiers and employers on noise control in factories and workplaces
- Persons who have completed the unit on Monitor Noise and Vibration
Participant Size: <=20 per trainer
Noise & Vibration Control Course Outline
- Establish the objectives for noise and vibration control in accordance with workplace noise and vibration-related legal and other requirements.
- Determine the characteristics of the noise and vibration hazard sources for the purpose of noise control in accordance with recognised standard measurement methods and equipment.
- Analyse the characteristics of noise and vibration sources for the identification of possible control approaches.
- Determine the control methods for noise and vibration hazards in accordance with the hierarchy of control.
- Advise the stakeholders on the implementation of noise and vibration control process at different phases of control.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of noise and vibration control measures in meeting the control objectives.
Course duration: 14 hours
Delivery Method: Lecture, group discussions, case study, practical performance, written assignment
Venue: We have training centres conveniently located in the Central, North, South and West.
Written assignment, written test, oral questioning to test the application of knowledge.
Upon successful completion of this WSQ Control Noise and Vibration Course, the participants will be awarded a statement of attainment (SOA) certificate by WDA.
Price – Only S$950/person (before GST & SDF subsidy*)
* SDF (Singapore Skills Development Fund) subsidy/grant is subject to eligibility, check details with us.