What is ISO 9001:2008?
ISO 9001:2008 sets out the criteria for a quality management system. It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of industry. In fact ISO 9001:2008 is implemented by over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries.
The ISO 9001 certification standard is based on 8 quality management principles which covers a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. The 8 principles are as follows:
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier
You can read more details of these principles in this Quality Principles management document provided by ISO.
Here’s a video by ISO on ISO9001 family and overview:
What are ISO 9001:2008 requirements?
Using ISO 9001:2008 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services, which brings about positive results and benefits to the business/enterprise.
ISO 9001:2008 certification specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide a product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
How ISO 9001:2008 Certification benefit your business?
These are the ISO 9001 benefits to the business against the principles.
- Customer Focus: Enhanced customer satisfaction which leads to customer loyalty with more business/sales and branding
- Leadership: Minimised miscommunication within organisation, employee and management are clear of a common goal/objectives
- People: Employees within the organisations are motivated and committed
- Process: Lower cost and shorter TPT as a result of effective use of resources
- System: Integration and alignment of processes to achieve the best results
- Improvement: Increase industry competitive advantage through improved organisation capabilities
- Decision: Ability to make an informed, effective decision
- Supplier relationship: Win-win and values for both parties
How can we help?
VES Global consultants will coach and guide you along in the certification process, our approach shall tailor to your industry, organisation’s processes, and requirements. We have a systematic and easy-to-follow methodology to assist you in the pursuit of the ISO 9001 certification. In the process, we will perform audits to:
- Perform gap analysis against the ISO 9001 certified quality management system standards
- Assess the organisation’s readiness for ISO certification and preparations
- Pre-qualification audit prior to the actual certification
- Post audits to sustain the qualification
There will be a dedicated consultant assigned to you to work with your end to end on the ISO 9001 certification process/journey.