What is ISO?
ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is an independent, non-governmental membership organization and the world’s largest developer of voluntary International Standards. A standard is a document that provides requirements, specifications, guidelines or characteristics that can be used consistently to ensure that materials, products, processes and services are fit for their purpose. International Standards make things work. They give world-class specifications for products, services and systems, to ensure quality, safety and efficiency. ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality.
Here’s a video by ISO:
How ISO 9001 & 14001 Certification benefits your business
These are the ISO benefits to the business.
- Lower Cost – International Standards help optimise operations and therefore reduce your cost of operation.
- Increase customer satisfaction – International Standards assure your customers that your products and services are safe, efficient and good for environment, increase their confidence and satisfaction.
- Access to new markets – International Standards help prevent trade barriers and open up global markets
- Increased market share – International Standards help increase productivity and competitive advantage for your business
- Environmental benefits – International Standards help reduce environmental impact or pollution.
What is OHSAS 18001?
BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management sets out the minimum requirements for occupational health and safety management best practice. Introduction of OHSAS 18001 into your business will enable you to achieve the maximum return for your employees, your operations and your customers.
What are the benefits of OHSAS 18001?
- It creates the best possible working conditions across your organisation
- Identify hazards and put in place controls to manage them
- Promote workplace health and safety. Reduce workplace accidents and illness to cut related costs and downtime
- Engage and motivate staff with better, safer working conditions
- Demonstrate compliance to customers and suppliers
How can we help?
There are a long list of ISO standards, among which the more popular ones are the ISO 9001 which focus on quality management, ISO14001 which focus on environmental management and OHSAS 18001 which focus on the occupational health and safety management.
VES Global consultants are experts in these areas with proven track records in the industry who had enabled many companies to complete these certifications. We have a systematic and easy to follow methodology to assist you in the pursuit of the ISO certification. In the process, we perform audits that enable the company or organisation to check how far their achievements meet their objectives and conformity to the standards. These audits on site set checkpoints and milestones to help in tracking towards the achievement your bottom line of attaining the certification and benefits.
Our team also offers consultation services for ISO certification renewals to sustain your valuable ISO status. Our consultants will advise and guide you along to free up the hassles of preparing the renewal.