Appoint WSHMS Lead for bizSAFE level 4
At this bizSAFE level 4 stage, your business/company top management must appoint a Workplace Safety and Health Management System (WSHMS) Programme Lead or Champion to register and attend a Singapore Workforce Skill Qualification (WSQ) course on “Develop a WSHMS Implementation Plan” in order to be awarded the mom WSHC (Workplace Safety & Health Council) bizSAFE level 4 certificate or recognition.
This is a 4 days WSQ course with written and oral assessment after the course. The candidate will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by Workforce Development Agency (WDA) if he/she is graded competent in the assessment. After attending the courses, the program lead is expected to complete a Workplace Safety and Health (wsh) implementation plan for the business/enterprise/company which the organisation will qualify to apply for bizSAFE Level 4 status via WSHC on line form which is free of charge. The implementation, manage by the WSHMS lead will help review and enhance the work place to make it a safe place to work and thus increase your worker morale and work performance.
The WSHMS programme lead will be able to demonstrate the following competencies upon completing the training at the bizSAFE level 4 course/workshop.
- Comprehend workplace safety and health management system (WSHMS), overview and concepts
- Review WSH policy, standard and risk management plan for deficiencies
- Apply Hazard identification and Risk assessment methodology
- Comply Legal and other requirements in Singapore
- Set WSH objectives and determine specific programmes
- Establish WSH Management Programme Framework
- Establish WSH Resources, Roles, Responsibility, Accountability and Authority
- Establish WSH Awareness and Training programme
- Establish WSH communication procedure
- Establish WSH Documentation System
- Develop Operational Control to manage the WSH risks to an acceptable level
- Establish a Framework for Organization Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan
- Develop Performance Measurement and Monitoring Procedure to Monitor and Measure WSH Performance
- Evaluation of Compliance
- Develop processes for investigation and reporting of accident/ incident
- Control of records and documentation
- Establish an internal audit programme
- Conduct Senior Management review of WSH Management System
How can we help you?
VES Global Pte Ltd offers a comprehensive list of bizSAFE training, deliver by MOM approved training organisations. Please check more details and information at develop a WSHMS plan course or workshop. The candidate will get to acquire and practice the knowledge and skills via lectures, practical performance, group discussions and case studies in the course. Upon completion, there will be a WSQ course assessment which is designed for the learners to be able to demonstrate their capabilities before they were granted competent. Overtime, candidate should be able to build their experience and confidence to respond appropriately to any safety situations (e.g. Working at Height).
VES Global Pte Ltd consultants will provide servce to assist the new Workplace Safety and Health Management System (WSHMS) programme lead/Supervisor with coaching, mentoring and preparation for the assessment to help him/her to successfully attain the above WSQ competency. We will also follow up closely with the WSHMS program lead to develop, audit and completion of the workplace safety and health implementation plan in accordance to the WSHC act & regulations & code of practice to meet the bizSAFE Level 4 requirement to achieve the certification. The process is similar to the ISO or OHSAS certification process where all guidelines are to be adhered. Exercise, practice and trail run may be conducted as necessary to ensure the WSHMS plan met the company’s WSH objectives and policy besides certification goal.
We provide a one stop, end to end consultancy and services at your home site to make the bizSAFE level 4 certification easy and hassles free for you. Our methodology had proven to work well as many companies especially in the construction industry had successfully achieved the bizSAFE level 4 certification and getting the good benefits of the award. We will guide you to submit the online form via the WSHC portal to apply for the certification when all requirements met. We also provide support for those companies pursuing for the next or highest level of bizSAFE programmes which is bizSAFE Star where ss506 or equivalent certification such as ohsas 18001 is required, with WSHMS implemented.
Call or email us any enquiry regarding the bizSAFE Level 4 certification and we will be glad to discuss with you your specific needs and objectives. The discussion is FREE, strictly confidential and you are under no obligation to engage our service. However, we are highly confident that you will get to bizSAFE level 4 status with us!
Back to bizSAFE main page.