BCSS Course Overview
Building Construction Supervisors Safety (BCSS) Course is to provide participants/supervisors with the knowledge and skills to perform their safety supervision activities properly. At the end of the course, the participants shall be able to:
- Safety and health duties and responsibilities of a Building Supervisor
- Explain salient WSH legislations for worksites
- Identify job hazards and apply control measures for a construction site including working at height, demolition, excavation, piling, fire, mechanical & electrical, material handling and occupational health hazards
- Assist in carrying out risk assessment for construction activities
- Conduct safety inspections & Incident Investigation
This course is a mandatory training course for individuals who are assigned to undertake the role of a supervisor in the construction Industry.
Site Supervisors, Project Co-ordinators, Clerks-of-Works and general workers in the construction industry.
Engineering graduates or individuals with diploma qualifications and above who wish to work in the construction industry
Participant Size: <=30 per trainer
BCSS Course Outline
- Roles and duties of Site Personnel in Safety and Health
- Safety Planning and Organisation
- An Overview of Workplace Safety and Health Legislations
- WSH (Construction) Regulations
- Work At Height
- Demolition, Excavation and Piling
- Mechanical and Electrical Hazards
- Material Handling
- Occupational Health
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Risk Management
- Safety & Health Inspection
- Accident Prevention
- Incident Investigation
- An Overview of Safety & Health Management System
BCSS Course Delivery
Course duration: 34 hours
Delivery Method: Lecture, group discussions, case studies, role play.
Venue: We have training centres conveniently located in the Central, North, South and West.
There is an assessment on Written and practical performance/Role play for this BCSS course.
Upon successful completion & assessment of this Building Construction Supervisor Safety (BCSS) course a Certificate of participation will be issued to the participants.
Price – Only S$270/person (before GST & SDF subsidy*)
* SDF (Singapore Skills Development Fund) subsidy/grant is subject to eligibility, check details with us.