WSQ Develop a WSH Management System Implementation Plan
On completion of this course, learners will acquire the knowledge and skills to be a WSHMS (Workplace Safety and Health Management System) Program Lead for the organization in preparing a WSHMS implementation plan to meet the requirements of SS 506 and risk management code of practice and for the recognition of bizSAFE Level 4 by Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC). It entails reviewing the current WSH policy, risk management plan and WSH program. It also includes establishing frameworks for WSH management program and emergency preparedness and response plan in accordance with organization safety and health needs and WSH legal and other requirements.
The course is relevant and intended for:
- Health and Safety Personnel
- Line Supervisors who are supervising the work on ground.
Participant Size: <=20 per trainer
This course will cover the essentials on SS506 requirements, Risk management code of practice, Risk assessment, WSH managment framework, accident reporting and investigation process, WSH management/stakeholder’s review as follows:
- Review WSH policy and risk management plan for deficiencies against the requirements of SS506 and risk management code of practice
- Apply hazard identification and risk assessment methodology to determine the controls necessary in reducing risks at source in accordance with requirements of SS506 and risk management code of practice
- Set WSH objectives and determine specific program(s) to enable the achievement of WSH objectives for organization in alignment with WSH policy
- Establish WSH management program framework for organization to embark on to meet the organization safety and health needs in accordance with WSH legal and other requirements
- Establish a framework for organisational emergency preparedness and response plan in accordance with WSH legal and other requirements
- Develop operational control to manage the WSH risks to an acceptable level in consistent with hierarchy of controls and comply with applicable WSH legal and other requirements
- Develop processes for investigation and reporting of accident/ incident based on WSH legal and other requirements
- Establish an internal audit program to evaluate the organization WSH management system for conformance to SS506 requirements and WSH legal and other requirements
- Develop the WSH management system implementation plan based on the needed changes identified that fulfill SS506 requirements and risk management code of practice
- Conduct management review of WSH management system to ensure its continuing stability, adequacy and effectiveness in accordance with SS506 requirements and WSH legal and other requirements
- Present to stakeholders the developed WSH management system implementation plan for review in accordance with organization procedures
Course duration: 28 hours training (4 days, 9am-5pm)
Delivery Method: Lectures, Group discussions, Case Studies.
Venue: We have training centres conveniently located in the Central, North, South and West.
Upon successful completion of this course and the learner passed the assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded by WSHC and the enterprise will be upgraded to bizSAFE level 4 status.
Price – Only S$600/person (subject to GST), before SDF subsidy
Note: Participant must attend at least 75% of each module of the course to be eligible for the funding.